Morning of MiraLAX Cleanout
When you wake up:
- Begin a liquid diet. (See list below for suggestions.)
- Take 2 Dulcolax (bisacodyl) tablets. (DO NOT CHEW.)
- Begin MiraLAX on a daily basis per instructions
1 hour after waking up:
- Mix the entire 238-gram bottle of MiraLAX with 64 ounces of a sports drink.
- Drink all of the mixture over the next few hours until gone. (Suggestion: An 8-ounce glass every 15-30 minutes equals 2-4 hours.)
- It is very important to drink plenty of water and other liquids in order to avoid dehydration and to flush the bowel. (Although alcohol is a liquid, it can make you dehydrated. You should NOT drink alcohol while doing the cleanout.)
- NOTE: Please stay home once you have started your cleanout. Also, the use of moist towelettes or wipes may help to minimize discomfort during the cleanout. A nonprescription 1% hydrocortisone cream may also be soothing when applied to the rectal area after each bowel movement.
- It is common during the cleanout to experience some nausea, bloating, and/or abdominal distention. If you chilled the mixture prior to drinking it, you could experience chills from consuming so much cold liquid in a short time period. If you develop nausea or vomiting, slow down the rate at which you drink the solution. Please attempt to drink all of the laxative solution even if it takes you longer.
Once stooling slows down, you may resume eating solid food.
- Coffee and Tea
- Powdered Drinks
- Water/Vitamin Water
- Diet/Regular Sodas
- Sports Drinks
- Broths or Bouillon
- Ensure or Boost
Request an Appointment
Use our online form or call 715.847.2558 to schedule your appointment today.Request an Appointment