The morning of your cleanout, when you wake up:
Begin a liquid diet. (See list below for suggestions.)
Take 2 Dulcolax (bisacodyl) tablets. (DO NOT CHEW.)
1 hour after waking up:
- Mix the entire 238-gram bottle of MiraLAX with 64 ounces of a sports drink.
- Drink all of the mixture over the next few hours until gone. (Suggestion: An 8-ounce glass every 15-30 minutes equals 2-4 hours.)
- It is very important to drink plenty of water and other liquids in order to avoid dehydration and to flush the bowel. (Although alcohol is a liquid, it can make you dehydrated. You should NOT drink alcohol while doing the cleanout.)
- NOTE: Please stay home once you have started your cleanout. Also, the use of moist towelettes or wipes may help to minimize discomfort during the cleanout. A nonprescription 1% hydrocortisone cream may also be soothing when applied to the rectal area after each bowel movement.
- It is common during the cleanout to experience some nausea, bloating, and/or abdominal distention. If you chilled the mixture prior to drinking it, you could experience chills from consuming so much cold liquid in a short time period. If you develop nausea or vomiting, slow down the rate at which you drink the solution. Please attempt to drink all of the laxative solution even if it takes you longer.
- Once stooling slows down, you may resume eating solid food.
Begin MiraLAX on a daily basis per instructions.